Protecting of Privacy
Kotes by Kobe Pty Ltd ACN 620 932 658 (“Kotes by Kobe”, “we” or “us”), understands the importance of protecting the privacy of its customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us. We are committed to handling personal information with applicable privacy laws, including the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“APP”).
Why do Kotes by Kobe Collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information in order to conduct our business of selling products to customers and for the purposes of communicating with you:-
- about our products and services;
- special offers;
- answering your questions and providing you with information or advice;
- providing your information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services that you have requested;
- such as delivery service providers;
- to better understand your requirements and preferences and improve our service to you;
- consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- comply with laws or regulations; or
- comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
Collection of Personal Information
Kotes by Kobe collects basic personal information (such as personal and contact details, your dog’s name and breed, payment details, delivery details and any other relevant information you may supply to us). It is your decision to provide this information. We request personal information from you when you:-
- Access and use the Website;
- Order products online that require delivery;
- Subscribe to our mailing list;
- Contact us for further information;
- When you communicate with us directly (via telephone, email, or any other means);
- If you are a candidate for employment;
- Participate in specific promotions
What Information do we Collect?
The information we collect is in most cases supplied by you when you place an order, register on the Website to receive direct marketing materials, open an account with us or to provide feedback to us. Such personal information may include:-
- Name and contact details (example, delivery address, phone number and email address);
- Date of birth;
- Dog ownership details;
- Other information you may supply us;
- Transaction information.
We may send you direct marketing communications to keep you informed about products and services we provide and other products and services that may be of interest to you via email, SMS, social media or regular mail. If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
We acknowledge and respect our customers’ choice to “opt out” of direct marketing communication activities from us. You may “opt out” of direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us on email@example.com.
You can also unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection to any of the following purposes:-
- Our employees, contractors or certain providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT system administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors and data entry service providers;
- Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- If required by law, to any person authorised by such law.
- Our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required; and
- If you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application.
Kotes by Kobe will not share, sell, rent, lease or disclose your personal information other than as described in the Policy.
Accuracy of Personal Information
If the details you have provided change or you believe that the information we have about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will correct the information.
You can adjust your browser settings and disable cookies and you can still use the Website, although it may limit the use of the Website or your experience.
We use information obtained this way in order to learn about your preferences so that we may improve the Website and the service offered through it.
Kotes by Kobe is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Kotes by Kobe reserves the right to modify and change the Policy at any time. Any changes to the Policy will be published on the Website.
Sending Information Overseas
We will not send your personal information to recipients outside of Australia without:-
- Obtaining your consent (in some cases this consent will be implied); or
- Otherwise complying with the APP.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that such recipients respect the confidentiality of this information by abiding by the APP or equivalent privacy laws.
However, if your matter relates to an international matter, including the laws of other countries, we may engage other firms or third party providers of business services to provide advice on foreign laws or to provide business support services which may be based overseas. If that happens, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that apply across–border disclosure of personal information.
Kotes by Kobe welcomes your comments regarding this Policy. If you believe that Kotes by Kobe has not adhered to this Policy, please contact Kotes by Kobe at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and resolve the issue.
Management of Personal Information
The APP requires us to take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information. We are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. We also have website protection measures such as Firewalls and anti-virus software and restrictions on the use of our software such as passwords. Where we no longer require your personal information for a permitted purpose under the APP, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
How do we Keep Personal Information Accurate and Up to Date?
We will endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. We encourage you to contact us in order to update any personal information we hold about you.
You have the Ability to Gain Access to your Personal Information
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may gain access to the personal information which Kotes by Kobe holds about you by contacting us. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. A fee may be charged for providing access. We will advise you of the likely cost in advance.
If you would like to contact us in relation to the Policy or your personal information, please contact us at:
Kotes by Kobe Administrator
PO Box 977
Newtown NSW 2042